We are hiring!!
Position: Early Childhood Educator
Hourly Wage: $14.85 - $20/hour
Do you love nature and the environment?
Do you have a HUGE imagination?
Do you love to have fun?
Are you passionate about making a difference?
Are you reliable?
Are you patient?
Are you compassionate?
Are you a team player?
Are you into self-development?
• Early Childhood Education diploma, or Bachelor of Education degree (elementary)
• Forest School Practitioner Course (or willing to complete it)
• Current First Aid with CPR-C (or able to complete prior to start date)
• Clear criminal record check, vulnerable sector check and social development check
• Experience working with young children and experience working in an outdoor setting
• Physically capable of performing teaching duties with enthusiasm regardless of the weather (rain, sleet, snow, heat) including the ability to walk distances and over uneven terrain, carry a backpack and supplies
• An appreciation for emergent learning philosophies
• Understanding of the benefits of risk taking, movement, and physical development in the early years
• Researching, planning and implement a dynamic program
• Ensure the safety of all children including, but not limited to, outdoor play, hiking, climbing trees or while in close proximity to such things as standing water, streams and other terrain
• Daily preparation of learning areas and materials
• Responsible for the maintenance of program tools and equipment
• Working closely with co-teacher to plan, prepare, and co-create seasonal activities and projects utilizing natural materials, locally foraged or sourced
• Implement mentorship strategies that are individually focused and age appropriate, with an emphasis on compassion and respect
• Willingness to attend staff trainings, educator meetings, parent meetings
• Communicate with parents effectively regarding the program and the progress of their child or children
To apply, please e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest however only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Lisa’s Playhouse is a play-based, all-weather outdoor preschool program. We are seeking adventurous and enthusiastic educators to join our team. Our program’s philosophy is inspired by the belief that all young children have the innate capacity to wonder, create, and develop their gifts through self-directed play and time in nature.